New Passport

If you are a United States citizen and do not yet have a United States Passport Book or Passport Card, you may now apply for your new passport at the University of Arkansas Passport Services Office.

The U.S. Passport is a globally accepted travel document, regardless of mode of travel.

The U.S. Passport card is a wallet-size card that can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States, Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.

For more details regarding United States passports, including government fees, visit the United States Department of State passport website.

Checklist - University of Arkansas Passport Services

The following items are required to begin the application process:

  • Official, State-Issued birth certificates (abstracts and hospital certificates are not accepted, expired United States Passport Book or naturalization certificate;  AND 
  • State-issued photo identification;  AND 
  •  Two separate payments:
    • One check or money order made payable to "U.S. State Department"
    • Debit or credit card, cash or check made payable to "University of Arkansas" 

7-10 days after your application has been submitted you may check the status online at:

Important Notice: Please be prepared to surrender your original documents or a certified copy with a raised seal for submission to the United States Department of State. These documents will be returned in a separate mailing shortly after you receive your Passport. By law, we are prohibited from providing copies of original documents. Therefore, if you would like to have a copy of your original documents, please make copies before you arrive at your facility.