Campus Mail Rules
This service is provided for written communications of reasonable size, shape, and weight. The Campus Mail System is limited to official University business. To address mail properly use the format below:
Name of person: Julie Anne Doe
Department: Mailing Services
Building and Room #: ARKU 106
You may refer to the convenient telephone station number cards to obtain departmental addresses. Please cross out all old addresses on campus mail envelopes. Remember that mail is delivered to DEPARTMENTS ONLY, so be sure to include the department on each mailing piece. Do not use staples to seal campus mail. Transparent tape is recommended for this purpose.
Limitations on campus mail:
- Minimum Size: Standard post card, 3 1/2 inches x 5 inches
- Maximum Size: 12 inches x 15 inches x 2 inches thick
- Weight: 1 1/2 pounds
- Items: No books, supplies, or bulk forms larger than maximum size. No money should be sent through the Campus Mail System. The Treasurer's Office will not accept deposits of University money through campus mail. All deposits must be made in person at the Cashier's window on the first floor of Silas H. Hunt Hall.
- The Campus Mail System does not deliver mail to fraternities and sorority houses; however, mail addressed to students residing in residence halls or mail addressed to campus p.o. box address may both be sent via Campus Mail. No postage is necessary.
- Insufficiently addressed mail to foreign students is forwarded to the International (Students) Program Office, HOLC 104.
- Campus Mail which has been endorsed as CONFIDENTIAL must display a departmental return address.