This service is available through Mailing Services to University departments only. Personal items may be shipped via UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL. Please use the "Shipping Record Form" llinked at the bottom of the page.
Mailing Services offers the following shipping services through each carrier:
- Ground Service (surface mail) -- The least expensive method of shipment via UPS. Shipments to destinations within Arkansas are usually delivered the next business day.
- 3-Day Select -- Guaranteed delivery within 3 business days throughout the 48 contiguous states. Cost is determined by weight of parcel.
- Second Day Air Service -- Shipments are delivered the second business day (excluding Saturday and Sunday) after day of shipment. Delivery is provided to any street address in the 50 states and Puerto Rico.
- Next Day Air Pak and Next Day Air Packages -- Cost is based on actual weight of an item. Shipment available to any destination in 48 contiguous states, Hawaii, and Alaska. Certain areas of Hawaii and Alaska may take an additional day.
- UPS Shipping Form
Please Note: Articles shipped by any one of the above 4 options has a weight limit of 150 pounds. The size of a UPS item is limited to 130 inches combined width and girth, with the length of the parcel being no more than 108 inches. UPS does not normally deliver shipments on Saturday or Sunday. However, for an additional fee, Saturday delivery is available to over 80 percent of all U.S. addresses coast to coast. Saturday delivery is restricted to Next Day Air shipments only.
To ensure proper collection and documentation for shipments made through Mailing Services office, a United Parcel Service Shipment Record must be attached to each UPS item before it is collected by one of our Mail Officers. (See sample at the end of this paragraph). Departments needing to know the cost of their UPS shipments should also complete a UPS-2 and attach one form to each parcel along with the shipment record. After charges are tabulated, the lower portion of the form will be completed and the form returned. UPS Shipment Records and UPS-2 Forms are available for copying from Mailing Services. As mandated by Federal law, items cannot be delivered to a post office box address by UPS or any other private carrier. A street address or building and room number address must be used for the delivery of all UPS shipments. A departmental return address must appear on all mailing pieces. Before shipping any hazardous materials such as cleaning solvents, chemicals, corrosives, etc., contact Mailing Services to determine if the item may be shipped.
- Fedex First Overnighte Option – Most Expensive Guaranteed next day by 8:30am. Not available for all destinations.
- Fedex Overnight Option – Letters and Packages Guaranteed by 10:30 AM most places
- Fedex Saturday Delivery – Overnight delivery to most large cities. Guaranteed to arrive overnight 1:00pm on Saturday. (Note - other shipping options will ONLY deliver Monday-Friday.
- Fedex 2-day Option – Letters and packages guaranteed to arrive within 2 business days.
- Fedex 3-day Option - Letters and packages guaranteed to arrive within 3 business days.
- Fedex Ground Service: Delivery in 2-5 business days. This is the least expensive (but slowest) option available from FedEx.
- Priority Mail Express – Overnight guarantee. Fastest domestic service available through USPS.
- Priority Mail – 1-3 Business days. Flat rate boxes starting at $6.95 are available
- First Class Mail – 1-3 Business days. Ground service, available for standard sized envelopes weighing up to 3.5oz and large envelopes and packages up to 13oz. Stamps are $0.47 each (larger envelopes and packages may require more than one stamp.
- USPS Retail Ground – 2-8 Business days. An inexpensive option for non-urgent deliveries and oversized packages. Pricing starts at $6.75.
- Media Mail – 2-8 Business Days. A cost-effective way to send educational materials. Restrictions apply, please ask a Post Office representative for more information on these restrictions.
- Express Delivery - Express delivery to nearly any country in the world.
- DHL Shipping is not available to the following countries (due to international law,
trade embargo, international sanctions, etc)
- Republic of Cuba (Cuba)
- Islamic Republic of Iran (Iran)
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea, DPRK)
- North Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic (Syria)
- Russian Federation (Russia)
- DHL Shipping is not available to the following countries (due to international law, trade embargo, international sanctions, etc)